Wednesday 15 January 2014

Adventure 11 and 12

Adventure 11 and 12

We see a beautiful promise, of how an heir of David will always remain on the throne. We see what an honour it is to be a part of David's household and to be a part of the royal family. God has said that he will be with David, and will not forsake him.

Reading down along the book, we see the consequences of David's sin. The consequence of discord and conflict in his family. My heart aches when I see the suffering and sadness caused by the broken relationships in the family. There is fighting, there is hate, between siblings and between parents and children. The family is torn apart, it is hurt by harsh words, selfishness and mistakes.

I too know of families who are hurting and broken. I do pray that God will grant healing on the people I know who face sadness in their families. That the grace of God will be upon them, and that even though things might look hopeless and lives look shattered, God will administer his healing grace.

I am grateful for my family, I do miss them and I love to spend time with them. They are definitely God's gift to us, and we will do well to appreciate and cherish them. God's heart breaks when families break apart. Love each other, just as God has told us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment