Wednesday 8 January 2014

Adventure 8 1 Samuel 8-16

Sometimes when you call upon the Lord asking for direction He sends people to guide you. Few days ago I had one of the most amazing conversation with a close friend it was like God was telling me exactly what I needed to hear and what I needed to do. Just like how God spoke so clearly to Samuel I felt exactly the same. To my fellow readers out there this is my first attempt at this challenge so please bear with me.

It's interesting how Israel faced peer pressure when they wanted a king to rule their land just because other nation had one. This challenges your faith when you compare physical results. People tend to follow general norm of what's been done in the past.

I've also learned the importance of being obedient as evidently showed in the passage when Saul was king he had great victory when he obeyed God and faced failure when acting on his own. I hope that through this challenge that I will be able to learn more of Gods word in order to obey His word and what He has called me to do in life.

When Saul was instructed by God to completely destroy the Amalekites he acted again on his own and kept the finest sheep and cattle. This made God furious. This stood out to me because it talks about physical things on earth and Gods command. The Lord delights in us obeying His word and that the things on the earth are worthless to Him.

In chapter 16 the word shows that God can use anyone. He choose David over his other brothers. When David was at Saul's service, Saul had no idea that David was appointed king. Sometimes our plan have to be put on hold indefinitely. We can use this waiting time profitably. We can choose to learn and grow in our present circumstances whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment