Monday 11 November 2013

Day 11 " He Will Come and Save You"

      How many of us have had a bad day? One when everything goes wrong in domino effect, getting worse with every blow.  At the end of it you are so exhausted, your insides feel as though they are going to explode in frustration, and your tears are on the brink of a waterfall. Sound familiar?
It is times like that when I run to a quiet place of refuge, a "secret garden" where I can "get away", calm down, and piece things out bit by bit.  I believe David also had his fair share of bad days. Days when he felt betrayed, weak, tired, and fearful. But he did not let those feelings keep him from the fight, because he trusted that God was greater than his enemies. These Psalms are David's heart cry to God in those times. Many times he repeated, "Have Mercy on me, Oh God!", "Please listen and answer me, for I am overwhelmed by my troubles", and "rescue me". He asks for Gods deliverance, awaiting in hope of his Lord's justice to come. 

"O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer!
From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help
when my heart is overwhelmed. 
Lead me to the towering rock of safety, 
for you are my safe refuge,
a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
safe beneath the shelter of your wings."
Psalms 61:1-4

A year ago when I was in one of those "bad days", when I attended a Bob Fitts concert in Malaysia. It was one of the most refreshing concerts I attended thus far. He referenced these verses in one if his songs, titled, "He Will Come and Save You",

"There the Lord will display His glory, 
the splendor of our God.
With this news, strengthen those who have tired hands,
And encourage those who have weak knees.
Say to those with fearful hearts, 
be strong, and do not fear,
For your God is coming to destroy your enemies,
He is coming to save you." 
Isaiah 35:2b -4

What a comfort, to know that your Lord and God is fighting your battles, and that He will come and save you!

"But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 
I praise God for what he has promised. 
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? 
What can mere mortals do to me?" 
Psalms 56:3-4

"My heart is confident in you, Oh God;
my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises!
Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song."
 Psalms 57:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment