Saturday 16 November 2013

Day 15 "Prayer"

I realize that I have been focusing a lot on the feelings of the Psalmists, but not very much on the glory of God Himself, missing the main focus of the Bible. Today, as I read Psalms 90-95, I am reminded of the glory of God. The words speak to my heart, and becomes my prayer of praise as I read it aloud. 


It is good to say thank you to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods. Every morning tell him, “Thank you for your kindness,” and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness. Sing his praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre.” (92:1-3)

This is my prayer for the day, taken from the Psalms:

“You have done so much for me, O Lord. No wonder I am glad! (92:4) I sing for joy. Before the mountains were created, before the earth was formed, you are God without beginning or end (90:2). This I declare, that You alone are my refuge, my place of safety; You are my God, and I am trusting you. For You rescue me from every trap and protect me from the fatal plague. You will shield me with your wings! They will shelter me. Your faithful promises are my armor. Now I don’t need to be afraid of the dark anymore, nor fear the dangers of the day; nor dread the plagues of darkness, nor disasters in the morning (91:2-6). For you order your angels to protect me wherever I go (91:11).

Though a thousand fall at my side, though ten thousand are dying around me, the evil will not touch me (91:7). For You have said, “Because he loves me, I will rescue him; I will make him great because he trusts in my name. When he calls on me, I will answer; I will be with him in trouble and rescue him and honor him. I will satisfy him with a full life and give him my salvation(91:14-16). Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.” (94:19)

   Amen.     [Psalms 90-95]

No comments:

Post a Comment