Tuesday 19 November 2013

Day 18 "I'm Lovin' It!"

These are the summary of my 3 key points that I received from today’s reading.

1.    Cry out to the Lord, and He will deliver you.

“They cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress”
[Psalms 107:6]

I feel that today’s reading starts off by describing many scenarios of how people have sinned and are punished, but when they cry out to God in the midst of their trouble, He delivers them from their distress. It almost tells of the gospel, how as sinners we deserve death as consequence, but like a Father, God loves us and will come and save us if only we cry out to Jesus, the only bridge between God and man.

2.    Our God is a living God

Their idols are silver and gold,
the work of human hands.
They have mouths, but do not speak;
eyes, but do not see.
They have ears, but do not hear;
noses, but do not smell.
They have hands, but do not feel;
feet, but do not walk;
and they do not make a sound in their throat.
Those who make them become like them;
so do all who trust in them.
[Psalms 115:4-8]
Our God is a living God.
I was sitting outside on the grass today and I saw a small bird hopping by. Such a quaint little creature, and yet it was so complex and wonderfully made! What more life, love, human beings, and the galaxies above! How could there not be a creator?
- If something has an end, it must have a beginning! And a beginning cannot result in itself without a divine, timeless, creator!

I heard a quote that said,
“God created man in His own image, and man has returned the favor.”
Though the original meaning of the quote may not have been my interpretation of it, I think that man has indeed created gods and idols in man’s image, which cannot be compared to the living God who loves us and has the power to save us from death.

Our God is a living God who hears our cry and speaks to us if we listen.

2.    The law was made for man
In Psalm 119, the author seeks to obey the laws of God, to faithfully keep His commandments and to abide in His word.

Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.” 
[Psalms 119:97]

Today I read the book of James, and man it opened my eyes to a whole new world. Surprisingly, when I read it, though it was full of contrary teachings, I did not read it as a bunch of rules, but rather a compilation of life lessons to living in wisdom and understanding. I loved it and learnt heaps from it. It was so much information; I wanted to absorb every bit of it, to keep it in my heart and meditate upon it. Though the laws are there to show us how far we are from perfect, and though Jesus has already paid for our sins, it doesn’t mean that we should disregard the laws on purpose. For God’s nature is constant, and His law was made to bless us and to protect us, not to harm us. The laws were made for man to experience the fullness of life in God.


~ I'm Lovin' It! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment