Friday 15 November 2013

Day 14 "Don't you Worry"

O God, do not keep silence;
do not hold your peace or be still, O God!
[Psalms 83:1]

Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am godly;
save your servant, who trusts in you—you are my God.
[Psalms 86:1-2]

O Lord, God of my salvation;
I cry out day and night before you.
[Psalms 88:1]

Sometimes we may feel as though God is not hearing our prayers or our cries; no matter how many times we plead or question, it seems as though God is absent, and we are talking to nothing but echoes of futile emptiness. But, the Psalmists understood through their despair, that God is Always present; and He hears the cries of a faithful heart, a heart that trusts in His ways. His plans and timing are perfect, and His ways surpasses all.

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, faints
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and flesh sing for joy
to the living God.

For a day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
12 O Lord of hosts,
blessed is the one who trusts in you! 
[Psalms 84:1-2, 10-12]


            The Psalmists knew, that God always takes notice of a faithful heart. Though there are times that seem hopeless, the lord your God is always listening, and He cares. Trust in Him and lean not on your own understandings, for His timing and His plans are always perfect! Don't you worry, child! Be encouraged! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment