Monday 4 November 2013

Day 4 "Like it Really Matters"

I come from Malaysia, and before coming to study in New Zealand, lived in a city decorated with skyscrapers galore, crazy traffic and drivers, air pollution, night lights, midnight mamak stalls… the list goes on.

         Exams have finished and I am going back to my beloved country of cheap food, late night snacks and hot weather (malaysians can relate :P) soon. But before then, I am spending 6 weeks in Cambridge New Zealand for a course in Business, Ministry and Leadership in Capernwray Bible School.

       This school is situated a little out of the tiny town, and I have sheep and cows as my peaceful neighbors. It’s quiet, relaxing, and beautiful. Exactly what I needed. Looking out into the night sky above I gaze awestruck at stars- countless, beautiful stars. I am utterly speechless and amazed at the beauty of the works of art of my Father, the King of the heavens and the earth. How telescopic are the galaxies, and how microscopic am I! What a stark contrast!
How often do we stop to breathe, to rest our eyes on the beautiful handiwork around us? 

In Job 27, Elihu describes the might and power of God, his creation, glory and majesty. He does have a point. Our God is a great God, and we often don’t act like we know it. However, he was certain that he was the wisest and the only one with the correct answer, and as the other friends, he assumed sin in Job and all suffering as God’s judgment. 

Though Elihu’s response is debatable, I believe that his descriptions of God are powerful, mind boggling, and potentially life changing. If indeed God is who the Bible says He is, then shouldn’t we start living as though it really made a difference in our lives? Our God is a big God, not a genie in a bottle. If He is all that powerful, I would definitely want to be clearly standing on His side in a battle! I wouldn’t be afraid of what others think, or who I am, or what I can do; I’d be more worried about what He thinks! How often I find myself lacking in that I do not live each moment as though He was in complete charge of my life; I still try to grab the steering wheel!

Wisdom is found in the fear of God. It’s a kind of fear that is full of awe, peace, security, confidence, faith and obedience!


If you are a child of the Most High King, start living like it! Fear no more, be proud no more, worry no more, and live like it really mattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment