Thursday 7 November 2013

Day 7 "The Seventh Day"

          Psalms is always such a great book to read and meditate on. Since today is Day 7, I'll write about Rest. :) With our busy “always on the go” lives, we hardly spend time at Jesus’ feet, listening to His word. I find myself often skimming a chapter of the Bible while nodding off, tired from a day of activities. I did not put God first, and was only giving Him leftover time! Pretty soon, I realized that I wasn’t cheating God of His time, rather, I was cheating myself of my blessing. Without rest in God, it felt like running a marathon without water, or trying to drive without fuel. God is the source of my strength, and my petrol station is at his feet. That is why God Himself rested on the Seventh Day and also why "Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy" is in the Ten Commandments! We were created for Rest, and God Himself demonstrated it for us! This morning I walked around this garden (picture below) in circles, round and round and round, immersed in God’s beautiful creation, just talking and listening to Him. By the end of it I felt so refreshed and rested, it was unbelievable! I felt an immense peace within me and joy unexplainable. I would like to try reading my Psalms here next time!

I particularly enjoyed reading Psalms 22 and 23 this time around. 22 because I found it so interesting that it was so descriptive of what Jesus would soon face. I haven’t read up much about it but I’d like to look more into that chapter. 

In chapter 23, the most well-known verse, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all that I need” [23:1 NLT], is so simple yet so profound. Can you honestly say that if you only have Him, you have all that you need, and you shall not be in want? It is definitely a daily challenge for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment