Sunday 10 November 2013

Day 9 "Worship on Fire"



I enjoyed reading the psalms today, especially psalms 42, which I found extremely beautiful. But I shall instead share a beautiful worship experience I had today. 

...
Sparks like fireflies rose up to the sky as the warm glow at my feet cackled. A starry night sky decorated the scene, as the sound of melody filled the air. We had a campfire worship tonight; we sat outside under a ceiling of stars and around burning logs, voices in harmony accompanied by strings and beats. It was beautiful. We shared, laughed, sang, and prayed. "I think it is amazing that we are worshiping a real God. We sing and pray because we want to, and just looking at this beautiful night, yeah our God is so real," shared one of the students. As for me, I felt so blessed. I was struck by the beauty of young voices singing together in love and awe of a mighty God. 
Personally, I needed this campfire escapade. My mind was filled with endless frustrations, my soul was thirsty and weary, and I needed rest.
"As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long after you oh God" (42:1). Psalms to me is poetry, lyrics, a beautiful expression of thought and emotion. Many a time David must have sat outside looking at the sky, emotions filling his soul and his lyrics.
In the midst of life, how nice it is to take time to just enjoy His creation, reflect upon life, praise Him and rest in His presence in fellowship?
...

No comments:

Post a Comment